The mission of Education Advocacy of the Central Coast (EACC) is to provide education advocacy services for all general education and special needs students and their families.
All special needs children and their families will be empowered in self-advocacy and they will apply the skills necessary to realize, despite any learning disabilities, a “Free and Appropriate Education” in the “Least Restrictive Environment,” pre-school through college. EACC wants to teach, strengthen, and empower self-advocacy in children and their caretakers. Self-advocacy is the foundation of knowledge and skills that can be used in every aspect of one’s life to promote self, family, and the empowerment of others in their community who are less fortunate.
- Safety: We believe that the physical and emotional well-being of children and families are assured and maintained by creating a safe, nurturing and supportive environment in their home and school setting. Children need to feel safe to learn and grow.
- Respect: We believe that individuality, opportunities to succeed regardless of handicap, open and fair systems that welcome collaborative decision making to determine what really is in the best interest of special needs children and families, must be at the core of all decisions that formulate individual education plans.
- Compassion: We believe that children and families can be supported and become self-advocates through maintaining our sense of empathy, caring, and support in the best and most difficult times.
- Quality: We believe that providing advocacy services of the highest quality is important to providing special needs children and their families the support base they are entitled to, and implementing research-based best practices with passionate and experienced advocacy, is what we will strive for with each client.
- Growth: We believe all children have the right to grow academically, socially, and emotionally in their current and future education settings. All families of special needs children have a right to learn the skills to serve as effective advocates and become key team members of the decision-making body about their child’s rights to a free and appropriate education in the least restrictive environment.
- Resources: We believe that providing current and practical resources, our services extend to local and outside our service area families, additional support to help meet their needs.